Tiger Woods 2012 PGA Tour debut will be Pebble Beach

Tiger Woods announced via his website that his 2012 PGA Tour debut event will be at Pebble Beach at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am.

This will mark the first time Woods has played in this event since 2002.

"I'm excited to start my PGA Tour season at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am," Woods said in a statement on his website.

"AT&T is a great partner to my Foundation, and I'm looking forward to playing in this event. I haven't been to this tournament lately, but I have a lot of good memories at Pebble. It will be fun going back."

Of course, Woods will begin his 2012 play at the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship later this month, but the AT&T will make his debut on the PGA Tour in 2012.

A few changes have been made since Woods last teed it up in the at the event.

The Shore Course at Monterey Peninsula Country Club replaced Poppy Hills Golf Course, to go along with Pebble Beach and Spyglass Hill.

"I've never played Monterey Peninsula and am looking forward to it," Woods said. "From all I've heard, it's a wonderful course and the greens are fast."

Quotes courtesy of tigerwoods.com

No comments:

Post a Comment