PGA Tour for Thailand's Kiradech Aphibarnrat?

After coming within a shot of making a playoff at the CIMB Classic, the question is now: Will Thailand'sKiradech Aphibarnrat continue to pursue his goal of a PGA TOUR card?
If he wants it, the big 24-year-old has a spot in The McGladrey Classic in two weeks at Sea Island, Ga.
Aphibarnrat missed a birdie putt that would have put in a playoff Monday at the CIMB Classic. Instead, he finished tied for third with Chris Stroud, earning over $400,000 and virtually securing the No. 1 spot on the Asian Tour Order of Merit.
Aphibarnrat, a non-TOUR member, would have earned 163 FedExCup points would his finish. He can still play 
The McGladrey Classic and hope for another top-10 (which assures another start) or finish high enough to score enough FedExCup points to earn Special Temporary Status.
Such status would give him unlimited sponsor exemptions into PGA TOUR events, making it much easier to earn full membership. 
"I think the schedule will change right now," Aphibarnrat said. "If I have my chance even like just 1 percent, I will try and do it."

Aphibarnrat had several chances to win Sunday and erase all membership doubts, but his his putter went cold on the back nine and he went without a birdie on the final 12 holes.
"After I saw my name on the top of the leaderboard, I think I pushed too much," Aphibarnrat said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment