Karin Sjodin goes low early in round 2 in Mobile

Mobile, AL. - Sweden's Karin Sjodin came into Friday's second round at the Mobile Bay LPGA Classic in a tie for 50th place. She carded an opening round score of even par, to come into today's round, five shots off the lead.

With near perfect weather conditions, Sjodin was able to go out early and take advantage of good pin positions and perfect weather to rocket up the leader board.

She dropped an eight-under, 64 on the field, to finish her second round with a one stroke lead over three players.

Starting her round on the back-nine, Sjodin got out quickly, birdying five of her first seven holes on the Crossings Course at Magnolia Grove.

Her loan slip, came on the par-four, No. 18. Where she carded her only bogey of the round.

Making the turn in 32, her name was starting to vault up the leader board.

On the front nine; her back nine, Sjodin kept her foot on the accelerator carding four more birdies en route to firing her eight-under, 64.

Those four birdies, included back-to-back circles on No.'s 2 and 3. As well as No.'s 6 and 7.

She finished hitting 12 of 14 fairways, 18 of 18 GIR's and needed only 29 putts.

After her round, Sjodin spoke with the media.

"I think yesterday I played like I wanted to and hit the ball well. My putter just didn't behave very well. Today I just kept hitting it very well, even better than yesterday. I just made some putts." Said Sjodin in her press conference.

"I feel really solid over the ball right now. I can attack some of these holes off the tee where others may not be able to." she continued. "All the lines fit my off off the tee. I think hitting it far is a good thing here. Just liking it probably helps too."

With the near perfect weather, Sjodin displayed that low scores can in fact be shot today, her in Mobile, Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment