Wrist surgery in the future for Edoardo Molinari

Edoardo Molinari has shared that he could be facing surgery later this year, on his left wrist to correct an injury he has been playing with for almost four years.

After finishing the Andalucian Open on Sunday in 11th position. Molinari revealed that surgery may be in his near future to repair his injured wrist.

"The first time I felt pain in my wrist was four years ago when I had tendinitis, but after seeing doctors I've been informed some of the cartilage on top of my wrist has become firm and it needs to be removed," said Molinari.

This new information on his wrist was not made aware to him until returning home from the Middle East, and the European Tour's 'Desert Swing'.

Molinari received two shots of cortisone after his return home from the Middle East. Stating he also could not play without the use of pain killers.

"I had six weeks off over the winter." Molinari continued. "But when I went out to the Middle East I knew something was wrong with my wrist as it became very painful."

"I can wait to around September to have the operation so I will see how it goes through the year," he said.

"Luckily I'm not doing any more damage by playing, but if it does get too painful I will have the operation earlier."

A Ryder Cup player in 2010 for captain Colin Montgomerie. Molinari and his brother Francesco, halved their four-ball match with Stewart Cink and Matt Kuchar.

As many players do, Molinari of course wants to earn his spot again for the 2012 European Ryder Cup team. Though he knows, the injury to his wrist and future in golf is more important at this time.

"I've loved to be on that plane heading to Medinah, but I'm a long way away from thinking of that at the moment," he said.

"All I want to be able to is continue to play well as I have the Masters coming up so I am looking forward to that after finishing 11th last year."

No comments:

Post a Comment